Essay Health Scribe Salary Ppt Presentation On Light Pen For Admission Essay For College How To Write Dan In Kanji
My crisis episodes Uncategorized

My second crisis in America – Part 2

It was 11pm; my pain woke me up. After all my rounds during the day as I mentioned in my previous post, I was actually able to get some sleep. This was good. I told myself that if I am able to rest, it would all go away and then I could continue with my plans the next day. Unfortunately, that did not happen. Here I was in the middle of the night with so much pain. That was when I knew things were real. I had to take my mind off this fairytale that everything was going to be alright because it was not. At this point, I was on the phone with my parents telling them what was happening to me. I knew I needed to get to the hospital ASAP!

After battling with myself, I got up and headed straight to the car so I could go to the hospital. I began to limp from my hotel room to the lobby. When I got to the lobby, the receptionist came to me and offered to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital. Eh? Ambulance? Me? Ah…no oo. He kept insisting and I kept refusing. No oo, I don’t want any ambulance. I was determined to get to the hospital without an ambulance. Looking back, I wonder why didn’t I call an Uber or Lyft? I really don’t know but I must have had a good reason…or not. Anyway, I managed to limp to my car and slowly…very slowly began my drive to the hospital. Thank goodness the roads were quite empty because at this point it was almost midnight. That is what saved me, because it was a very slow drive. If I had gone any faster, I don’t think I would have been able to make it.

Well, fast forward…I made it! I went to the nearest hospital which was about 10 minutes away from my hotel. I slowly parked and then went to the emergency room. Sigh…that process alone was tiring. I went up to the nurse and explained that I was having a crisis and I needed immediate help, but I don’t think she fully understood because she asked me to sit and fill out paperwork. Ah this woman paa. But what can I do? I sat and filled out all my paper work which took me about 10 minutes. I waited for almost an hour before another nurse came to get me. I decided to ignore that, no wahala…maybe they will do better when I get to the back.

When we got to the back room, there were patients all over and nurses working to make sure everyone was okay. I was given a bed and then my nurse left. I thought he was going to get an IV to help me with my pain but it had been 30 minutes and he had not returned. I could hear him at the other side of my bed talking to another nurse but I couldn’t call out to him. I waited some more and on the occasional times he did come over to my bed, it was to give me a blanket or to give me food. I kept saying, “I am in pain please help me with some pain medication.” and he would always reply, ” the doctor will soon be here.” Throughout this period, I was just quiet. When I am in pain, it does not necessarily show in my facial expressions but trust me, it’s there. I guess I didn’t look like I was in enough pain for them to believe me. It took about three hours before I was seen by a doctor. Before the doctor’s arrival, I was not given any pain medication. I was left to deal with this unbearable pain and after two hours I just began to cry. Ah…warrisit?

When the doctor arrived, even he was surprised that I had not been given an IV. He ordered the nurse to get me one immediately. He asked me a few questions and then he left. Even after all of this, it still took the nurse another 30 minutes before I FINALLY got an IV. Sigh. That was not the best experience. I was very disappointed with the service, so I told myself that I had to leave if I wanted to get any proper care. At this point it was almost morning. After two IV’s I was ready to leave. Was I completely okay? Not at all but I knew this hospital was just not it.

When I got to the hotel, I was feeling a little better so I managed to do a few necessary activities that day and then I began my journey back to Ohio with my friend. As soon as I got home, my brother was waiting and we left immediately for the nearby hospital where I received much better care. Eventually I got better but I noticed that the delay in care delayed my recovery. Even after I got home I had to continue to take pain medication before I got completely healed. That experience was definitely a lesson for me and I am NEVER going back to that hospital!

You Might Also Like...


  • Reply
    May 5, 2020 at 7:41 pm

    You should have given that nurse a piece of your mind before leaving. What nonsense.

    • Reply
      May 6, 2020 at 9:50 pm

      Hahaha…I should have paa but I was just ready to leave!

  • Reply
    erjilo pterin
    May 19, 2020 at 5:54 pm

    I have been surfing on-line more than three hours nowadays, yet I never found any fascinating article like yours. It’s pretty value sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you did, the web will likely be a lot more useful than ever before.

    • Reply
      May 19, 2020 at 6:31 pm

      Thank you!

  • Reply
    erjilo pterin
    May 21, 2020 at 9:38 pm

    I got what you mean ,bookmarked, very nice web site.

Leave a Reply to vnsmgn Cancel Reply